Film Finance Article Contest
$200 Prize Money for Writing What You Know
Think you can write great Film Investing Articles for FilmProposals? Enter our Monthly Film Finance Article Writing Contest and WIN!!!!
Enter Now Through September 15, 2012
Winner Chosen by September 30, 2012
Tell us how YOU raised financing for your film!
Get paid to tell us your best tips!
Film Finance Article Contest:
Remember when you were starting out and didn't know the first thing about film financing? And then you learned...and then you raised the money and made your first film!!!! Well, we LOVE to hear your success stories!!!! So many of you submit your amazing New Movie Trailers on our site...but we rarely get the FULL story!
Other filmmakers love to hear real life success stories about how you got the funds to make your movie.
Here’s How it Works
From now until September 15, 2012, we will be accepting your articles. About the articles:
- Focused on topics such as Film Financing, Fundraising, Funding Types, Film Investors, Business Plans, Sales Projections and Comparable Film Projections.
- Roughly 400-500 words and offer valuable fund raising information to Indie Filmmakers. Tell us how YOU did it! What's your best tip? Did you use a business plan? Budget Software? Work with an attorney? Crowdfunding? PPM? Social Media? Rich Uncle? Tell us everything...please!
- Unique, original, owned by FilmProposals after submission, and value added to Indie Filmmakers.
- Include your bio at the end of each article (does not count toward the 500 words). Reciprocal links to your websites/films will be provided.
By September 30, 2012, we will choose one winning article (who knows, maybe we'll pick more than one?) and award the winner the prize money via Paypal. Every acceptable submission will be considered for the prize and all submissions are eligible to appear on the FilmProposals site. Even if you do not win the prize, if your article is published, you will gain significant exposure on the FP site and thousands of filmmakers clicking through to see your film!
Here are examples of great articles currently on FilmProposals, which represent the type and quality of articles we hope to receive during the contest:
- Finding Investors For Your Movie Project (856 Words)
- Film Finance for Independent Filmmakers | It’s Not Art, It’s Business
- Importance Of Sales Projections For Your Independent Film Project (395 Words)
- Importance Of A Business Plan For Film Projects: 7 Key Elements You Need To Get The Money (771 Words)
- External Example Articles: Baseline Business Planning
Just Have a Great Tip and Not a Whole Article? AWESOME! Please Share It on Facebook!
Article Writing Contest Submission Qualifications
- Has successfully raised funds from independent film investors
- Has produced at least one movie from said investments
- MUST follow application instructions precisely (below)
Article Writing Contest Instructions
Please follow these instructions, as we want to accept all articles and not have any disqualified. Submissions must include:
- A well written article, meeting the above specifications
- A short bio about you, your films, production company, film experience background, etc.
- If applicable, links to your site or sales of your completed independent films
- Your Paypal email address and any other contact information we need
- When your article is written, submit it here: Independent Film Investing Article.
That's it for now! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!
Film Financial Projections Template
Show film investors why they should fund your movie with our Financial Template. Analyze your film, movie production costs and add financials directly into your Business Plan for Independent Film.
Business Plan Template for Independent Film
Our Business Plan Template is fully formatted with eight chapters and twenty three pages of sample text. Easily use this business plan example and customize it to your project.
Independent Film Proposal and Financing Manual
Learn how to write a business plan, the definition of a business plan and creative ways to finance your film. Pair this Manual with our Financial Template and Business Plan Template for the ultimate Movie Making package.
The business plan info really opened my eyes to how a lot of this business is so dependent on a sound business plan... and that creativity does not have to be compromised.
Free Film Downloads and Samples
Many free film tools and samples exist across the internet and here is a great starter list for the Independent Filmmaker.
Indie Film Distributors
Indie film distributors look for one thing only when they evaluate Indie Films - "Will this film be profitable for us?"
How to Make a Movie
Our 15 minute program provides you the basics on How to Make a Movie. We've condensed the nuts and bolts for you and provided some of the best material on how to make your first film.
Online Film School
Online Film School is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to learn the basics of film making. As a film maker, you have numerous education options. Make sure to get the Online Film School facts.
The huge advantage to film grants is you do not have to reimburse the funds, unlike investors, who require their money back, plus a return on their investment.
Showcase Your Indie Film
Join our Independent Film Showcase and develop an online presence for your film in a few minutes - for FREE!!! Show the world your Independent Film and impress potential investors with more than just your logline.
Recommended Film Financing and Business Plan Guides
See FilmProposals top picks for Business Plan Books for Film. Film Funding and Financing, Low Budget, Business Plans and Budgets. See the best books on the market today, written by leading experts.
Best Independent Film Websites
FilmProposals top picks for the best Film Websites and Resources to help you find Investors for your Independent Movie, Film Financing Companies and Independent Film Funding.