Film Finance Meeting with 7 Top Experts
by Institute for International Film Financing
(Los Angeles, CA)
Institute for International Film Financing
January 17, 2010, Los Angeles. The Institute for International Film Financing (IIFF) continues its monthly gatherings at the junction of film & finance with a FILM FINANCING TOWNHALL in the heart of Los Angeles. Don't miss this one-of-a-kind learning & networking experience! Join us on January 14 at the Goethe Institute on LA's Miracle Mile. Get all event details & DISCOUNTED SEATS at - http://gla.filmfinancing.org/011410w
This highly topical meeting features a POWERFUL PROGRAM of to-the-point presentations by LEADING EXPERTS:
1) "TO GREENLIGHT OR NOT TO GREENLIGHT: A Finance Executive's Perspective" -- by RON HOHAUSER, CFO at Summit Entertainment; expert film financier who raised over $1 billion in equity & debt for Summit; worked on record-breaking "Twilight" series; fmr. Sr. VP of Finance & Operations at Marvel Studios; etc.
2) "FINDING MONEY FOR MOVIES in Today's Economic Climate" -- by LISA NITTI, ESQ., seasoned film finance attorney at Greenberg Traurig; represented Oscar winner "Milk," "The Informant" & "All Good Things"; one of "Entertainment Industry's Top Dealmakers in 2008" according to Daily Variety; etc.
3) "EFFECTIVELY MARKETING YOUR PROJECT: Is Your Film Sellable?" -- by DAVID WEITZNER, legendary movie marketing guru; ran ad campaigns for "Star Wars," "E.T.," & "Alien"; fmr. President of Worldwide Marketing at 20th Century Fox, Universal Pictures, Embassy Pictures & Palomar Pictures; etc.
4) "THE ART OF SOFT MONEY & Production Tax Incentives" -- by DAMA CLAIRE, Production Executive at The Incentives Office & expert in governmental production incentives; fmr. VP at Fox & Carolco; worked on "Runaway Jury," "Walk the Line," "Total Recall," "Basic Instinct" & "Terminator 2"; etc.
5) "SIX WAYS TO FINANCE YOUR FILM & Getting That Front Money" -- by GORDON FIREMARK, ESQ., well-rounded entertainment attorney with 20+ years in film business; owns multi-faceted law practice with specialty in agreements & rights litigation; fmr. lawyer at MGM/UA & Hanna Barbara; etc.
6) "TOP FIVE REASONS WHY I PASS ON A SCRIPT: How to Get People Interested" -- by PETER RUSSELL, veteran script doctor who has consulted for Imagine Entertainment, CBS, Participant & Walden Media; helped develop "Chronicles of Narnia"; author of soon-to-be-published book "How Movies Work" (Focal Press); etc.
7) "INTERNATIONAL TAX INCENTIVES: From Concept to Fund" -- by JAMES SHARMAT, ESQ., veteran tax attorney; expert in international co-productions & tax credits; Legal Counsel at International Film Finance Associates, administering Cyprus Global Media Fund & overseeing many film productions; etc.
A complete & up-to-date list of speakers (with full bios) & their topics as well as AFFORDABLE TICKETS are available at -
Our friends at the renowned Goethe Institute are hosting us:
IIFF/LA Film Financing Townhall Meeting
Thursday, January 14, 2010
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
5750 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Very limited capacity. Act now to RESERVE YOUR SEATS at -
Back to Film Finance Class Seminar
Do you have some great indie filmmaker tips to share with other aspiring or current filmmakers? Do you want to promote your latest film or service to a huge global network of filmmakers, producers, directors, potential investors and distributors? Here is a great opportunity to first pay it forward, and then promote your projects, products and services.
More Info: Filmmaker Tips - Write for FilmProposals