The Site for Independent Film Financing
Upside Down Grants Disability Shorts
by Bonita Hutchison
(Park City, UT, USA)
Upside Down Grants -Turn perception of disability upside down (Shorts)
Do you want to 'Turn perception of disability upside down?' One Revolution Foundation will award 4 $5,000 grants to fund short films (3-7 minutes) that embrace the message of our Founder, Chris Waddell (Paralympian), 'It’s not what happens to you. It’s what you do with what happens to you.'
The application process will open in October and are due in January.
One Revolution is an organization on a mission to turn perception of disability upside down. Upside Down Grant films must tell a story that changes the perception of people with disabilities. We are not just seeking athletes, we want stories from every walk of life that turn perception of disability upside down: athletes, musicians, artists, volunteers and people and stories that we’ve never even considered. We want to help them tell their story to a broader audience.
- Tell a story. Your short film must tell a story not just make an observation.
- Films must be 3-7 minutes in length, unless otherwise approved.
- Final submissions must be in high-resolution formats.
- One Revolution reserves the right to display your final and/or rough product and/or your likeness as displayed in the film, as it wishes for promotional and mission serving purposes. This includes but is not limited to use on the One Revolution website, release via social media outlets, local, regional and national media outlets and displays at One Revolution events including film screenings, Nametags™ Educational Programs, fundraising events and film screenings.
- You must finish your project, filming and editing, by December 15, 2016 or we reserve the right to request a full refund.
- Grants are available to individuals, groups or organizations.
- You must submit a budget and timeline.
- The projects with the greatest potential will be awarded grants.
- One Revolution is currently working on plans to launch a themed film festival. If your project is selected for a grant you will automatically be submitting your film. If it is financially feasible you must attend the festival.
- You will credit One Revolution’s Upside Down Grants, both on paper materials and onscreen.
Criteria for Selection:
- Significance and Originality: Will the project capture an audience? Does the project turn perception of disability upside down?
- Plan of Action: Is the project well defined? Are you likely to produce a finished product within the allotted time period?
- Likelihood of Success: Is the project feasible given time and budget constraints?
All funds will be awarded in phases to ensure a quality, completed product:
- $2,000 Upon award
- $3,000 After a call with our film committee that will outline deadlines, expectations, and story development. If you have story content changes and/or team changes, they must be disclosed at this time. Should you have changes in story after this time, One Revolution must approve the changes.
For more information, please contact, Bonita Hutchison, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 435-655-2655 (we are happy to discuss any and all submission ideas prior to application)
All applications will be reviewed by a committee of filmmakers, One Revolution board members, and other interested professionals. Applicants will be required to participate in a phone interview prior to final awards.
Bonita Hutchison | Executive Director
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Film Grants.
Promote YOUR Story, Business, Film on FilmProposals
Do you have some great indie filmmaker tips to share with other aspiring or current filmmakers? Do you want to promote your latest film or service to a huge global network of filmmakers, producers, directors, potential investors and distributors? Here is a great opportunity to first, pay it forward, and then promote your projects, products and services.
More Info: Filmmaker Tips - Write for FilmProposals
2019 is YOUR Year - Make Your Movie
FilmProposals Financing Packages
Check out some of our Filmmaker Reviews
Just want to thank you for your materials and help over the past year. I could not have raised the $1.5 million or made this film without the materials you provided -- and for $99? The bargain of my career!
This is perfect! I have potential investors but I had no idea how to prepare a professional investment package to present to them. (I'm an artiste', not a business person. :) ) The information is clear and easy to understand, and Melissa is very prompt in answering emails.
When I came across the Business Plan Tools and the Finance Guide, I felt like I could stop searching for the pot of gold...I’d found it. In one place, with clear, easy to follow materials and spreadsheets, my questions were answered.
Hi Melissa! I purchased Package #3 a couple of days ago, and I feel like I'm taking a crash course in film financing. So far, what I've read and learned has been invaluable. Thank you!
I've made short films before, but this is my first feature, and the first film I've tried raising money for. This template, actually the whole package, has been invaluable and well worth the money I spent on it. So much information is packed into what I got that I'm almost dizzy from it all.