The Site for Independent Film Financing
Will the FilmProposals Products Work in the UK or Other Countries?
I'm very interested in your packs, as I am a fairly new producer packaging up numerous projects. I am based in the UK so I'm concerned that your site is purely geared to the U.S, as I see everything is in dollars etc.
Hi and thanks for your question. Most of our Film Financing products are compatible with any country.
1) Financial Template - In terms of using US Dollars as our unit of measure, that is a 1 second change in Excel (just change $ to £ - or any currency in the world). This does not affect any calculations or formulas, which are mostly the same worldwide, and therefore the Financial Template should work anywhere.
2) Financing Manual - There are a few areas of the Financing Manual that apply only to the US, such as anything having to do with SEC laws or the JOBS Act. Every country is different with regards to fundraising and securities laws. All the ways to find investors, how to attract and secure them, how to pitch them apply worldwide.
3) Business Plan Template - the majority of the Business Plan Template will apply worldwide. One area that will need tweaking is the US MPAA Market Statistics (you will either delete these and only keep worldwide numbers or find those for your country).
Hope that helps!
Back to FilmProposals Frequently Asked Questions
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask a Question.
Promote YOUR Story, Business, Film on FilmProposals
Do you have some great indie filmmaker tips to share with other aspiring or current filmmakers? Do you want to promote your latest film or service to a huge global network of filmmakers, producers, directors, potential investors and distributors? Here is a great opportunity to first, pay it forward, and then promote your projects, products and services.
More Info: Filmmaker Tips - Write for FilmProposals
FilmProposals Best Sellers - 2021 Financing Toolkits & Bundles
Toolkits Start @ $99, Bundles Start @ $599
See All Financing Toolkits & Financing Bundles
Gold Toolkit + Financials Bundle
Just want to thank you for your materials and help over the past year. I could not have raised the $1.5 million or made this film without the materials you provided. The bargain of my career!
- James Sadwith, Producer, Writer, Director, Coming Through the Rye
Finished my deck on Friday. Got it into a few potential investor’s hands over the weekend, and by Monday had 3 out of the 10 available memberships spoken for at $160K each. The revenue projections and film comparable services by NASH, along with the business plan and pitch deck templates were instrumental in presenting the project in such a way that financially minded potential investors could understand the movie business, the market and how my project could possibly give them a substantial ROI.
Melissa was amazing throughout the entire process. Always there to answer any questions. Couldn’t have done it without you guys. Can’t thank you enough. Best money I’ve ever spent.
- Michael F, Executive Producer, Inside Sportfishing (March 2021, Gold + Financials Bundle)
FilmProposals Tools and Templates