Download ALL that experience with a few clicks &
Start your film financing in FIVE minutes!
When Will Your Investors Get Their Money Back and How Much Will It Be?
This is what a movie investment looks like. Our Film Financing Bundles take you from "I have a great idea..." to this:
NEW! Paypal Pay in 4 Installments - No Interest
Click the Pay Later Button and Follow the Instructions to Pay Later and Pay in 4 Installments.
Paypal charges NO interest and you will be automatically billed every 2 weeks until paid off.
100% Money Back Guarantee
All FilmProposals Financing Packages come with a 60-day full money back guarantee! If you are not 100% completely satisfied with your purchase, just email us your original Paypal receipt email and we will refund your purchase via Paypal within 5 business days (usually sooner). All we ask is for honest feedback as to why the products did not meet your expectations.
Pay directly with a credit card or use your PayPal Account. PayPal uses the latest in data encryption and anti-fraud technology to keep your information secure, reducing the risk of online fraud. Every day, 169 million people use PayPal in 190 countries and with 21 different currencies.
PayPal Verified Since 2002
A PayPal Verified seller has provided additional evidence of their identity to PayPal by passing key security checks and completing the PayPal Verification process. When you make a purchase through FilmProposals, your personal information, including credit card number is encrypted, using the same protocols used by sites like Amazon.com and EBay.
Film Financing Toolkits - Take a Tour!
Film Financing and Investor Manual
Learn everything you need to write your film business plan and then find and pitch film investors. The Film Proposal Financing Manual covers all the business aspects of turning your film ideas into your reality. Here are a few of the sections in the manual:
- NEW!!! Our entire Business Plan E-Course is now included in our Film Financing Manual, so if you're on the fast track to film financing and don't want to wait the full 8 weeks of the course, get it all in the manual and go at your own pace.
- Business Plan - full outline and detailed descriptions of each section, where to find the information you need, exactly how to do Financial Projections and Comparable Film Projections with current industry statistics, graphs and charts you can use right in your own business plan.
- Financing Sources - hundreds of ways to get soft- and hard film funding, various types of film investments and which tools you need for each. PPM vs Business Plan, crowdfunding, active and passive investors, JOBS Act, tax incentives and more!
- Film Investors - tips for finding movie investors, things you MUST know before approaching them and what you can do right now to attract investors.
- Film Investor Tips - easy and inexpensive ways to get investors to want to write you a check on the spot, what to say, how to say it and how to instill confidence in your investors.
Financial Projections Template
Our Film Financial Projections Template makes showcasing your investment opportunity a breeze. This Excel template walks you through analyzing your film, comparing it to other films, movie production costs and easily allows you to add financials directly into your Independent Film Business Plan.
- Income Projections - fill in a few key figures and easily see your Low, Medium and High income scenarios, model various distribution channels, ancillary sales, streaming and more.
- Comparable Films Template - Compare and contrast how your project's financial outlook stacks up.
- Streaming and Video on Demand - complete flexibility over the distribution and VOD revenue model(s) you choose. Do your calculations any way that works for you.
- Add to Business Plan - formatted to copy and paste directly into your Business Plan and demonstrate potential profitability to investors .
Film Business Plan Template
The constantly updated Film Business Plan Template includes the plan investors LOVE. It has all the key sections, with dozens of real-world examples in each. Our business plan was created by film investors and top industry producers, with the specific goal of helping others find film investors and raise film financing. We know the language in here speaks to film financiers! The business plan template is fully customizable to suit most any indie film project.
- Professional Presentation - The template is key to finding and attracting financing, as it walks you through the nuts and bolts of your project so you present the investment opportunity in the best light possible, without compromising your creativity and still being truthful with investors.
- Business Plan Outline - Includes all key sections of a professional Business Plan, including Company, Project, Industry, Market, Investment and Financial Opportunity.
- Real World Examples - Examples from other successful business plans are included in every key section of the film business plan template.
NEW! Documentary Business Plan & Documentary Pitch Deck
FilmPropoals is thrilled to offer help to documentary producers looking for investors, by enhancing our Film Fundraising toolkits to address the specific needs of documentarians. The highlight is a unique Documentary Business Plan Template included in all of our Film Financing Toolkits and Bundles. Much of the Documentary Business Plan is just like that of our narrative Film Business Plan Template, however, we've also done some major custom work to specifically highlight why documentaries are a great investment and how to best showcase your documentary to investors:
- Documentary Business Plan Template - this new template is completely redone to focus only on documentary films. Recent successes, emerging documentary trends, streaming and studio deals, distribution patterns, audience statistics, revenue generated for sample films and much more. When did Docs become profitable and start selling for $5M or $10M at festivals? We lay it all out for you...
- Documentary Pitch Deck - while our pitch deck template can be used for any type of film, you will use your business plan research to ensure the deck showcases your documentary as a worthy investment opportunity
- Financial Projections/ Comparable Films - our custom database and custom financial projections flow seamlessly for both documentaries and narrative films
The new Documentary Business Plan Template is included in ALL of our Film Financing Toolkits and Bundles, so you can purchase any of them and be well on your way to funding any part of your documentary with private investments.
Sample Film Budget Template
Our Film Budget Template is provided to help indie producers estimate their movie production costs. The movie sample budget template is a great starting point to demonstrate film negative costs required for the financial projections and business plans used to secure movie investors. The Film Budget Worksheet Template is in Excel, fully editable and contains 100s of line items and formulas that can be completely customized to your film production.
The Sample Film Budget Template Worksheet is included with Purchase of Film Financing Packages Silver & Gold
Indie Film Pitch Deck
Our Indie Film Pitch Deck has proven time and again to impress interested potential investors and have them ask for more details on the project. As we have been creating these decks since 2002, we know what works and what doesn't. We have taken feedback from every meeting we've attended, and the feedback from our filmmakers, to continually craft an updated deck we know provides just the right information in just the right way.
The Indie Film Pitch Deck is included with select Film Financing Bundles & Toolkits
NEW! Indie Film Custom Database
Custom Detailed Budget and Box Office Stats Make Finding Comparable Films a Breeze
Our new Filmproposals Custom Indie Film Database contains 370+ titles (Indie and Studio), making finding comparable films and completing your revenue projections a no-brainer. Our proprietary spreadsheet was researched JUST for indie filmmakers, contains info you can't easily find anywhere else and will save you hours of time finding just the right films similar to yours. Comparable film genres include Documentary, Drama, Comedy, Romantic, Horror, Adventure, Action, Thriller and more.
We hired Nash Info Services, the movie data gurus behind the-numbers.com to create a completely custom spreadsheet for us analyzing indie and studio films 2006-2020. Our custom database is included with select Film Financing Bundles & Toolkits
Film Private Placement Memorandum (PPM)
Our Film PPM Template is designed for filmmakers who meet the following criteria:
- You want to raise film financing of $100K-$5M from outside investors who will not actively participate in your film production (Passive Investors)
- You want to protect your project, your production company and your investors and follow all legal requirements
- You want the option to raise funds from both Accredited and Non-Accredited investors
- You want to be able to publicly advertise your offering in order to receive investor funding
- You want to save about $10K getting a PPM made from scratch and use one already proven in the film industry
The PPM is included with select Film Financing Bundles
Film Investor Agreement Outline
Our Film Investor Agreement Outline includes explanations and sample clauses, designed to protect both the Producer and Investor. It is generally meant for active film investors (those involved in the day to day of your production). Key sections and sample text are included in our outline: terms and conditions, revenue descriptions, profit distribution waterfall, creative rights and ownership, market risks and more.
The Film Investor Agreement Outline is included with select Film Financing Bundles & Toolkits
Start Your Financing in Five Minutes - 2021 is YOUR Year!
Movie Investor Toolkit Designed for the Modern Filmmaker
Start Your Financing in Five Minutes - 2021 is YOUR Year!
Film Financing Bonuses - Available with Select Package Purchases
MPA Theatrical Market Statistics - BONUS #1
This 30 page THEME (theatrical and home/mobile entertainment market environment) report provides the latest global box office and movie attendance trends. Not only are these great statistics for your business plans and to discuss with film investors, but they will help you target your audience and distribution plan.
Of course, the key MPA (Motion Picture Association) statistics are already integrated into the Independent Film Business Plan Template.
The MPA Theatrical Market Statistics Report is a FREE GIFT with Purchase of Film Financing Packages Silver & Gold.
Film Investor Tip Sheet - BONUS #2
Our film investor tip sheet is filled with top tips from successful producers, industry experts and film financiers.
The Film Investor Tip Sheet includes practical and easy implementable advice, all designed to get investors to WANT to write you a check on the spot.
The Film Investor Tip Sheet is provided AFTER the purchase of any of our Film Financing Packages and AFTER you leave us feedback.
How to get your Film Investor Tip Sheet
- Purchase a Film Proposals Film Financing Package
- Take 2 minutes to leave us feedback - the good, the bad and especially, the ugly. We want to know EVERYTHING you think. Details on exactly how to provide us feedback will be in your purchase confirmation email.
- That’s it! If you provide us feedback within one month of purchase, we will email you the Film Investor Tip Sheet within one week.
Location Letter Example Template - BONUS #3
Pitching a location letter to Film Investors can easily impress them when presenting your film proposal. A strong location can not only add great production value to your film but also become a key selling point when correctly used in your pitch to film investors.
Our Location Letter Example Template is a FREE GIFT with Purchase of Film Financing Packages Silver & Gold.
More info: Pitching a Location to Film Investors
How to Make, Market and Sell Your Movie Now - BONUS #4
This fantastic toolkit, by Jason Brubaker, founder of www.filmmakingstuff.com, provides an overview of the modern filmmaking process, from script to screen.
The Modern MovieMaker Toolkit covers screen writing, story development, break down, scheduling, budgeting, fundraising, shooting, production, casting, post production, marketing, distribution and so much more!
The ways in which independent movies are made, seen and sold is rapidly changing and this toolkit helps you navigate filmmaking in this modern environment.
Ten Prominent FilmMakers' BEST Advice - BONUS #5
Modern MovieMaker Movement Action Guide - This 100 page Action Guide was authored by ten of the most prominent filmmaker thought leaders in the world, and includes only valuable, no-fluff modern filmmaking information. Included In This Filmmaking Action Guide:
- Bankroll Your Movie with Tom Malloy
- Make the Most of Movie Money with Norman C. Berns
- Six Ways to Finance Your Feature Film with Gordon Firemark
- The Inside Scoop On Crowdfunding with Carole Dean
- Plan Your Production For Maximum Success, Peter D. Marshall
- Modern Guerrilla Filmmaking with Gary King
- Navigate Film Festivals and Do Them Right with Sheri Candler
- Sell Your Movie Without the Middle-Man with Jason Brubaker
The MovieMaker Toolkit and Modern MovieMaker Movement Action Guide are FREE GIFTS with Purchase of Film Financing Packages Silver & Gold. They are graciously provided by Jason Brubaker of FilmMaking Stuff.
Film Financing Bundles & Toolkits
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are the Film Business Plan Tools downloadable or hard copy?
All of our products are downloadable immediately after purchase. Nothing is delivered hard copy.
- What is the file format of the Film Business Plan Tools?
The files are all Word, PDF and Excel. The Business Plan Template is in Word (so you can edit it), The Finance Manual in PDF (to read) and the Financial Template is in Excel. The Indie Film Pitch Deck is fully editable in Powerpoint.
- Are Comparable Movie Statistics included in the Business Plan Template?
Yes, we include the most recent stats for a variety of movies that cover the general film industry. We also offer a totally unique custom Indie Film Database that provides you everything you need for more specific titles to your budget and genre.
- Do Your Documents Include the Film Recoupment Revenue Distribution Waterfall?
YES! We use a simple revenue recoupment model in our actual Business Plan Template. We also offer three other options for the Distribution Waterfall in our Film Financing Manual, along with a visual chart showing how a $30M film recoups its money down to the net profit producer's pool. The PPM includes a distribution waterfall, as does our Film Investor Agreement. You can choose one of four scenarios, or combine them, for how you plan to payback your investors customized to your specific project.
- What If I Don't Know Exactly Which Package to Buy?
We got you!!!!! Almost all of our packages offer a discount within each level to upgrade to the next level. The absolute least you'll pay is if you buy the packages listed on our site as we've constructed them. But, the discounts offered within each purchase will get you to the next level at a lower price than buying each separately. Our bundles are the best bang for the buck - but you can also work your way up over time by paying just a little more. Don't forget - Paypal now offers their "Pay in 4" installments so you can buy the package you want for the lowest amount we offer, and still pay over time.
- How Often is the Business Plan Template Updated?
We perform many small updates throughout the year. If we come across some new information or statistics, a new industry trend or new charts and graphs we think will benefit your business plan, we add them immediately. A massive overhaul is done every April/May after awards and festival seasons are complete and the newest industry information has been analyzed.
- If I purchase and download now, will I have access to future updates?
Yes, we offer free updates within two years of purchase. After two years, we are happy to offer you a discount from the current price and all details are in your confirmation of sale email.
- Are the Film Financial Projections All Formulas?
There are many formulas in the Financial Template and there are also many fields where you will have to manually enter your own numbers. For specifics, please see the Film Finance Projections Template screenshots. Per the instructions, the yellow cells must be manually entered with specific numbers, and we teach you where to find this information in our Film Financing and Investor Manual.
- Will Your Toolkits Work in My Country?
As far as we know, an investment is an investment, in any country. Things like ROI don't change in any country or language. However, all of our financial templates refer to Domestic as the USA and Foreign as everything but the USA. You may adjust the templates to suit your purposes, but our Indie Film Database follows the previous outline of domestic vs foreign and we do not break out film sales by territory. Our PPM is meant only for the US - we don't know fundraising rules or the equivalent of SEC rules in every country - so we recommend you contact your attorney or accountant for clarity.
- Which Package Should I Get for a 90 Minute Drama Film?
Our best financing packages are not determined by genre or run time. Budget and the location of your investors are the determining factors. If you are not sure, start with our Gold Toolkit. If you know you want professional financial projections, start with the Gold Bundle w/ Financials. If you know your US investors will be passive, potentially in multiple states, try the PPM bundle or Platinum bundle.
- I Need the Toolkit I Purchased Sent Again
If you need the documents sent again within 2 years of purchase, there are several options. 1) Reply to your purchase receipt that has all the following information, or 2) Provide the date of purchase, email used and product purchased. After 2 years, please see #6 above.