Hi - great resource! I think? Just wanted to check a few things pre-purchase, specifically about your FilmProposals Budget Template. .
1. At what level is this sample budget? SAG Low? Ultra Low?
2. Does this budget, template, etc cater to sub $500K indies shooting out of state, for example?
3. Are the sales projections updated annually based on real-world data from sales/distro channels? ie. When was the last update for bid/ask on say a thriller genre movie in the $1M production budget range?
Thanks! - MC
Our Sample Film Budget Template Worksheet, offered as a free gift with Film Financing Packages #3 and #4 is provided to help indie producers estimate their movie production costs. The movie sample budget template is a great starting point to demonstrate film negative costs required for the financial projections and business plans used to secure movie investors.
Let's go through your questions:
1. At what level is this sample budget? SAG Low? Ultra Low? - Our budget template can accommodate almost any budget and this is the template you would use to determine the type of SAG category into which your budget falls. All of our templates can be used whether or not you use SAG talent in your film..
When you refer to Ultra Low (<$250K), Modified Low (<$700K) and Low ($2.5M), that is the agreement that determines how you pay your SAG talent and has nothing to do with your independent investors. Whether your budget falls under Low, Ultra Low or any other category is determined by using this template and seeing your estimated budget and from there you can determine what you will be required to pay your SAG actors.
2. Does this budget, template, etc cater to sub $500K indies shooting out of state, for example? The template can be used for almost any budget and there are fields for tax deductions and incentives. "Out of State" shooting doesn't necessarily correlate to any specific budget field - but how you use travel expenses or state incentives does get taken into account on our budget template.
3. Are the sales projections updated annually based on real-world data from sales/distribution channels? ie. When was the last update for bid/ask on say a thriller genre movie in the $1M production budget range? - This question probably relates more to our Film Financing Projections Template (different than the budget template). The Budget is used as one of the input fields into the projections template. There are no bid/ask offers on any of our templates - we use real world percentages (a typical foreign distribution percentage, or SVOD percentage, for example). For sales projections based on comparable films, we offer you at least 3 ways to do this research for your unique project, taking into account your genre and budget.
MC - I hope this helps answer your questions. Thanks!!!!
Back to Top The FilmProposals Budget Template
Speed through the learning curve and fast-track your way to film financing. Download our tools immediately to help you ace your business plan, easily crunch your numbers, find and pitch film investors and fund your film.Read More
Are you really ready for film investors? You must demonstrate you take film investors seriously before investors will be serious about you. Learn the key steps you need to prepare for, attract, find and secure investors.Read More
"Just finished post on our $1.5 million picture, Coming Through the Rye. I could not have raised this money or made this film without the materials you provided -- and for $99? The bargain of my career!"Read More
Get your FREE 8 Week Film Financing, Film Investors and Business Plan E-Course. Stay up to date on the latest Film Investors seeking projects, Film Making Tips, Film Grant and Festival deadlines and more.Read More