Film Business Plan Template
The Film Business Plan Template, newly updated for 2016, is professionally formatted and includes all the key business plan sections, with dozens of real-world examples in each. Our business plan was created by film investors and top industry producers, with the specific goal of helping others find film investors and raise film financing. The business plan template is fully customizable to suit most any indie film project.
- Professional Presentation - The template is key to finding and attracting financing, as it walks you through the nuts and bolts of your project so you present the investment opportunity in the best light possible, without compromising your creativity.
- Business Plan Outline - Includes all key sections of a professional Business Plan, including Company, Project, Industry, Market, Investment and Financial Opportunity.
- Real World Examples - Examples from other successful business plans are included in every key section of the film business plan template.
This easy-to-use 23 page Business Plan Template can be used alone, or in conjunction with our Film Proposals and Financing Manual and Film Projections Templates. Using Microsoft Word, with a film theme background, the template requires your customization, but is formatted, includes tons of re-usable professional industry sections and saves you hours and hours of typing and formatting time. All of our products are available for immediate download and come with a 7-day 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
The film business plan template is a step-by-step guide enabling you to understand your film as a business proposition to film investors. The template walks you through the nuts and bolts of your project so you present the investment opportunity in the best light possible, without compromising your creativity.
Examples from other successful business plans are included in every key section of the film business plan template:
- Executive Summary - you write this section last. It is the one page overview of everything that follows. Just wait until you see your plan all put together and you get to read through how good your investment opportunity sounds out loud, with proven industry statistics, real world examples and well-crafted language. This is always the highlight for every filmmaker - when they get to say, "Wow! I would totally invest in this film and here's why..."
- Company Section - this is where you discuss the type of company you've set up and why, highlight all the successes of your management team and producers, describe what you're all about and highlight the competitive advantages your team has over any others.
- The Project - this is where you get to tell your story, describe your project, use your log-line, compare briefly to other films, development highlights to date, talent attached and more.
- The Industry - this is where your business plan gets good! Filmproposals has fine-tuned this section with dozens of known film investors. We highlight all the latest industry trends and awards using references to elite sources, describe how the film industry works, use the latest box office and other film industry statistics and describe the overview of the movie industry simply and clearly. This section is updated multiple times per year so it always has the most current information available.
- The Market - here is where you want to discuss your specific audience: who are they, how many, their demographics, how you will target them, what are their past habits, etc. We provide a few examples, but leave you plenty of room to get creative.
- The Investment Opportunity - ahhh...this is where we really shine! First we put all the disclaimers we must (film investment is inherently risky....) but then we talk about all the ways you have mitigated these risks! Then you discuss exactly how this investment opportunity is structured and how you plan to pay your investors back. You then use all the included full explanations and detailed notes and charts for every line item, to explain how you arrived at all your calculations.
- Distribution Strategy - here we emphasize how crucial the distribution strategy is to any type of film. We walk through film festivals, theatrical release, digital release (streaming and VOD), TV, other ancillary markets and why independent films have more opportunities and advantages than ever before. You just pick and choose which sections are right for your project and customize them based on your distribution strategy
- Confidentiality Notice - basic legal info to protect you, your project and any potential investors.
You then add on any other relevant documentation, such as your budget (template included in our Film Financing Package), official agreements, letters of intent and more.
As it turned out, the business plan WAS the hardest thing I've ever done, but with the tools in the package, it made it much less stressful and the more I got into it, I thought to myself - YES!!! - thank god someone knows what they're doing...
FREE Sample Business Plan Template
Our actual Business Plan Template in Microsoft Word is updated for 2016 (this sample is older), fully editable and contains far more detail and text than this short excerpt.
The business plan info really opened my eyes to how a lot of this business is so dependent on a sound business plan... and that creativity does not have to be compromised. --More Testimonials
... I'm now sending out my completed business plan/film proposal document to potential investors and the one comment I'm getting back almost immediately is that it's so well laid out and professional. Believe me, first impressions really do count. --
100% Money Back Guarantee
All FilmProposals products come with a 60-day full money back guarantee! If you are not 100% completely satisfied with your purchase, just email us your original Paypal receipt email and we will refund your purchase via Paypal within 5 business days (usually sooner). All we ask is for honest feedback as to why the products did not meet your expectations.
Pay directly with a credit card or use your PayPal Account. PayPal uses the latest in data encryption and anti-fraud technology to keep your information secure, reducing the risk of online fraud. Every day, 169 million people use PayPal in 190 countries and with 21 different currencies.
PayPal Verified Since 2002
A PayPal Verified seller
has provided additional evidence of their identity to PayPal by passing key security checks and completing the PayPal Verification process. When you make a purchase through FilmProposals, your personal information, including credit card number is encrypted, using the same protocols used by sites like Amazon.com and EBay.
Top of Film Business Plan Template