Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Film Festival Grants
Grants $5,000 to $20,000
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Film Festival Grant program has awarded just under $4 million to film festivals since 1999. The Academy currently provides funding in three areas:
- FilmWatch grants support curated screening programs at North America-based film festivals, film societies and other film-related organizations.. Grants typically range from $5,000 to $20,000.
- FilmCraft - grants support high-quality educational programs that identify and empower future filmmakers from nontraditional backgrounds.Grants typically range from $5,000 to $20,000.
- Academy Film Scholar grants are awarded to previously published individuals who are pursuing significant new works of film scholarship. - Two $25,000 grants are awarded each year.
Please Note: The Academy does NOT fund the development, production or completion of films, except in training or classroom settings. They also do not fund Individuals (other than scholars) or for-profit companies or organizations.
FilmWatch grants support curated screening programs at North America-based film festivals, film societies and other film-related organizations. Targeted programs include those that create culturally diverse viewing experiences, promote motion pictures as an art form, provide a platform for underrepresented artists, and cultivate new and dedicated audiences for theatrical film.
The program has awarded grants to major international film festivals such as Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Sundance and Telluride; festivals that focus on independent and alternative filmmaking such as Ann Arbor, Black Maria, Nashville and Woodstock; and festivals that support social and cultural diversity such as African Diaspora, Atlanta Jewish, Kidfilm, Outfest and San Diego Latino.
More Info: https://www.oscars.org/education-grants/grants
Back to Top of Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Film Festival Grants
NEW! Documentary Business Plan & Documentary Pitch Deck
FilmPropoals is thrilled to offer help to documentary producers looking for investors, by enhancing our Film Fundraising toolkits to address the specific needs of documentarians. The highlight is a unique Documentary Business Plan Template included in all of our Film Financing Toolkits and Bundles. Much of the Documentary Business Plan is just like that of our narrative Film Business Plan Template, however, we've also done some major custom work to specifically highlight why documentaries are a great investment and how to best showcase your documentary to investors:
- Documentary Business Plan Template - this new template is completely redone to focus only on documentary films. Recent successes, emerging documentary trends, streaming and studio deals, distribution patterns, audience statistics, revenue generated for sample films and much more. When did Docs become profitable and start selling for $5M or $10M at festivals? We lay it all out for you...
- Documentary Pitch Deck - while our pitch deck template can be used for any type of film, you will use your business plan research to ensure the deck showcases your documentary as a worthy investment opportunity
- Financial Projections/ Comparable Films - our custom database and custom financial projections flow seamlessly for both documentaries and narrative films
The new Documentary Business Plan Template is included in ALL of our Film Financing Toolkits and Bundles, so you can purchase any of them and be well on your way to funding any part of your documentary with private investments.
NETFLIX 2021: Selling Your Documentary To Netflix
Netflix is in constant need of fresh content and their buyers are seeking outstanding independent filmmakers and documentary creatives who can deliver the stories that Netflix wants. Learn the ins and outs of getting your doc or doc series onto Netflix with SELLING YOUR DOCUMENTARY TO NETFLIX.
Desktop Documentaries offers the Documentary Fundraising Toolkit, which includes a 190-page full-color documentary fundraising guide, a 25-page documentary proposal template with instructions, two budget templates with budgeting guide, list of the top 100 documentary film grants, e-book with 25 specific fundraising ideas to start raising your first $10,000 and a fundraising check-list. All the best fundraising tools, templates and resources, including 20+ years of experience, combined into one comprehensive packet.
List of Film Grants
Do you have a Film Grant to share with our readers? Please post your Film Grant here.
Documentary Film Grants
Short Film Grants
Women in Film Grants
Feature Film Grants
Emerging Filmmaker Grants
Screenwriting Film Grants
Canada Film Grants
More Film Grants
See All: Full List of Film Grants
Film Grant Deadlines Rolling/Various Application Deadlines
Film Grant Deadlines Spring
Film Grant Deadlines Summer
Film Grant Deadlines Fall
Film Grant Deadlines Winter
FilmProposals Best Sellers - 2021 Financing Toolkits & Bundles
Toolkits Start @ $99, Bundles Start @ $599
See All Financing Toolkits & Financing Bundles
Gold Toolkit + Financials Bundle
Just want to thank you for your materials and help over the past year. I could not have raised the $1.5 million or made this film without the materials you provided. The bargain of my career!
- James Sadwith, Producer, Writer, Director, Coming Through the Rye
Finished my deck on Friday. Got it into a few potential investor’s hands over the weekend, and by Monday had 3 out of the 10 available memberships spoken for at $160K each. The revenue projections and film comparable services by NASH, along with the business plan and pitch deck templates were instrumental in presenting the project in such a way that financially minded potential investors could understand the movie business, the market and how my project could possibly give them a substantial ROI.
Melissa was amazing throughout the entire process. Always there to answer any questions. Couldn’t have done it without you guys. Can’t thank you enough. Best money I’ve ever spent.
- Michael F, Executive Producer, Inside Sportfishing (March 2021, Gold + Financials Bundle)
FilmProposals Tools and Templates