Panavision's New Filmmaker Program
Student, Not for Profit, PSA, Low Budget
Panavision has always been a company that believes in helping students and beginning filmmakers achieve their dreams. Without Panavision's generosity, students and beginning filmmakers may never have the opportunity to work with professional grade equipment until they start working in the industry. As part of this philosophy, the New Filmmaker Program was started.
Panavision's New Filmmaker Program started over 25 years ago and offers new filmmakers the opportunity to pursue their vision by donating a camera package. Without this, many young filmmakers might feel it is impossible to complete their project. Panavision has seen many filmmakers come through the program and continue on in a very successful career, and in most cases they become a regular Panavision customer. Through this program, Panavision loans film or digital camera packages (based on availability) to filmmakers for student thesis films, low-budget independent features, showcase reels, Public Service Announcements, or any other type of short not-for-profit project.
The New Filmmaker Program has four 16mm and two 35mm cameras which have been set aside from the rental pool and are permanently attached to the program. Digital cameras may also be considered, based upon availability. These cameras are rotated from production to production, with time allotted for camera service and maintenance between productions. For your project to be considered for the New Filmmaker Program, you must submit a completed proposal to the program. This proposal is then reviewed and a decision is made as to whether or not the proposal meets Panavision's standards and scheduling requirements.
When submitting your proposal, please include the following:
- Cover letter describing the status of your production, what format you intend to shoot in and a little bit about yourself. (If you are working on a thesis project for school, you must submit a letter of reference from your professor on school letterhead.)
- Shooting schedule
- Copy of the script
- Copy of your budget
- Resumes and bios of all key people involved
- Contact information (e-mail/phone number) for all key people involved
- If you are associated with a school, include a letter of good standing on the school's letterhead. If you are not associated with a school, please include a copy of your state ID
- Three line synopsis
- Any other material that you think will cause your proposal package to stand out (location photos, storyboards, past work, etc.)
More Info: Panavision's New Filmmaker Program
Back to Top of Panavision's New Filmmaker Program
NEW! Documentary Business Plan & Documentary Pitch Deck
FilmPropoals is thrilled to offer help to documentary producers looking for investors, by enhancing our Film Fundraising toolkits to address the specific needs of documentarians. The highlight is a unique Documentary Business Plan Template included in all of our Film Financing Toolkits and Bundles. Much of the Documentary Business Plan is just like that of our narrative Film Business Plan Template, however, we've also done some major custom work to specifically highlight why documentaries are a great investment and how to best showcase your documentary to investors:
- Documentary Business Plan Template - this new template is completely redone to focus only on documentary films. Recent successes, emerging documentary trends, streaming and studio deals, distribution patterns, audience statistics, revenue generated for sample films and much more. When did Docs become profitable and start selling for $5M or $10M at festivals? We lay it all out for you...
- Documentary Pitch Deck - while our pitch deck template can be used for any type of film, you will use your business plan research to ensure the deck showcases your documentary as a worthy investment opportunity
- Financial Projections/ Comparable Films - our custom database and custom financial projections flow seamlessly for both documentaries and narrative films
The new Documentary Business Plan Template is included in ALL of our Film Financing Toolkits and Bundles, so you can purchase any of them and be well on your way to funding any part of your documentary with private investments.
NETFLIX 2021: Selling Your Documentary To Netflix
Netflix is in constant need of fresh content and their buyers are seeking outstanding independent filmmakers and documentary creatives who can deliver the stories that Netflix wants. Learn the ins and outs of getting your doc or doc series onto Netflix with SELLING YOUR DOCUMENTARY TO NETFLIX.
Desktop Documentaries offers the Documentary Fundraising Toolkit, which includes a 190-page full-color documentary fundraising guide, a 25-page documentary proposal template with instructions, two budget templates with budgeting guide, list of the top 100 documentary film grants, e-book with 25 specific fundraising ideas to start raising your first $10,000 and a fundraising check-list. All the best fundraising tools, templates and resources, including 20+ years of experience, combined into one comprehensive packet.
List of Film Grants
Do you have a Film Grant to share with our readers? Please post your Film Grant here.
Documentary Film Grants
Short Film Grants
Women in Film Grants
Feature Film Grants
Emerging Filmmaker Grants
Screenwriting Film Grants
Canada Film Grants
More Film Grants
See All: Full List of Film Grants
Film Grant Deadlines Rolling/Various Application Deadlines
Film Grant Deadlines Spring
Film Grant Deadlines Summer
Film Grant Deadlines Fall
Film Grant Deadlines Winter
FilmProposals Best Sellers - 2021 Financing Toolkits & Bundles
Toolkits Start @ $99, Bundles Start @ $599
See All Financing Toolkits & Financing Bundles
Gold Toolkit + Financials Bundle
Just want to thank you for your materials and help over the past year. I could not have raised the $1.5 million or made this film without the materials you provided. The bargain of my career!
- James Sadwith, Producer, Writer, Director, Coming Through the Rye
Finished my deck on Friday. Got it into a few potential investor’s hands over the weekend, and by Monday had 3 out of the 10 available memberships spoken for at $160K each. The revenue projections and film comparable services by NASH, along with the business plan and pitch deck templates were instrumental in presenting the project in such a way that financially minded potential investors could understand the movie business, the market and how my project could possibly give them a substantial ROI.
Melissa was amazing throughout the entire process. Always there to answer any questions. Couldn’t have done it without you guys. Can’t thank you enough. Best money I’ve ever spent.
- Michael F, Executive Producer, Inside Sportfishing (March 2021, Gold + Financials Bundle)
FilmProposals Tools and Templates