Creative Capital Film Video Grant
TV, Web, Documentary, Narrative
Founded in 1999, Creative Capital is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to providing integrated financial and advisory support to artists pursuing adventurous projects in five disciplines: Emerging Fields, Film/Video, Innovative Literature, and Performing and Visual Arts. Creative Capital provides each funded project with up to $50,000 in direct funding and career development services valued at $50,000, for a total commitment of up to $100,000 per project.
Since 1999, Creative Capital has committed over $45 million in project funding and advisory support to 561 projects representing 700 artists.
Working in long term partnership with artists, Creative Capital’s pioneering approach to support combines funding, counsel and career development services to enable a project’s success and foster sustainable practices for its grantees.
Our selection process includes three steps: inquiry, application and panel review. We work with arts professionals from across the country in a concerted effort to select a roster of projects reflecting a nation of work. We strive to support diversity in all its forms—gender, race/ethnicity, geographic distribution, artforms and creative process, age, and experience. We also pride ourselves on a final roster that often features artists discovered and rediscovered.
Creative Capital is interested in artists who:
- Demonstrate bold, inventive and singular ideas in project form and content
- Are at a catalytic moment in their creative practice and approach to their career
- Are deeply engaged with and rigorously committed to their art form
- Have potential for significant artistic and cultural impact
- Understand the professional landscape of their field
To be eligible for a Creative Capital award, an artist must be:
- A U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident at least 25 years old
- A working artist with at least five years of professional experience
- An applicant cannot be a full-time student
Film/Video may include animation, experimental film or video, installation, interdisciplinary projects, non-traditional documentary or narrative. Projects may be intended for projection, hand- held devices, the web, television, galleries, etc.
The Creative Capital Award application is a ten-month process that begins with the first deadline annually in February.
More Info: Creative Capital
Back to Top of Creative Capital Film Video Grant
NEW! Documentary Business Plan & Documentary Pitch Deck
FilmPropoals is thrilled to offer help to documentary producers looking for investors, by enhancing our Film Fundraising toolkits to address the specific needs of documentarians. The highlight is a unique Documentary Business Plan Template included in all of our Film Financing Toolkits and Bundles. Much of the Documentary Business Plan is just like that of our narrative Film Business Plan Template, however, we've also done some major custom work to specifically highlight why documentaries are a great investment and how to best showcase your documentary to investors:
- Documentary Business Plan Template - this new template is completely redone to focus only on documentary films. Recent successes, emerging documentary trends, streaming and studio deals, distribution patterns, audience statistics, revenue generated for sample films and much more. When did Docs become profitable and start selling for $5M or $10M at festivals? We lay it all out for you...
- Documentary Pitch Deck - while our pitch deck template can be used for any type of film, you will use your business plan research to ensure the deck showcases your documentary as a worthy investment opportunity
- Financial Projections/ Comparable Films - our custom database and custom financial projections flow seamlessly for both documentaries and narrative films
The new Documentary Business Plan Template is included in ALL of our Film Financing Toolkits and Bundles, so you can purchase any of them and be well on your way to funding any part of your documentary with private investments.
NETFLIX 2021: Selling Your Documentary To Netflix
Netflix is in constant need of fresh content and their buyers are seeking outstanding independent filmmakers and documentary creatives who can deliver the stories that Netflix wants. Learn the ins and outs of getting your doc or doc series onto Netflix with SELLING YOUR DOCUMENTARY TO NETFLIX.
Desktop Documentaries offers the Documentary Fundraising Toolkit, which includes a 190-page full-color documentary fundraising guide, a 25-page documentary proposal template with instructions, two budget templates with budgeting guide, list of the top 100 documentary film grants, e-book with 25 specific fundraising ideas to start raising your first $10,000 and a fundraising check-list. All the best fundraising tools, templates and resources, including 20+ years of experience, combined into one comprehensive packet.
List of Film Grants
Do you have a Film Grant to share with our readers? Please post your Film Grant here.
Documentary Film Grants
Short Film Grants
Women in Film Grants
Feature Film Grants
Emerging Filmmaker Grants
Screenwriting Film Grants
Canada Film Grants
More Film Grants
See All: Full List of Film Grants
Film Grant Deadlines Rolling/Various Application Deadlines
Film Grant Deadlines Spring
Film Grant Deadlines Summer
Film Grant Deadlines Fall
Film Grant Deadlines Winter
FilmProposals Best Sellers - 2021 Financing Toolkits & Bundles
Toolkits Start @ $99, Bundles Start @ $599
See All Financing Toolkits & Financing Bundles
Gold Toolkit + Financials Bundle
Just want to thank you for your materials and help over the past year. I could not have raised the $1.5 million or made this film without the materials you provided. The bargain of my career!
- James Sadwith, Producer, Writer, Director, Coming Through the Rye
Finished my deck on Friday. Got it into a few potential investor’s hands over the weekend, and by Monday had 3 out of the 10 available memberships spoken for at $160K each. The revenue projections and film comparable services by NASH, along with the business plan and pitch deck templates were instrumental in presenting the project in such a way that financially minded potential investors could understand the movie business, the market and how my project could possibly give them a substantial ROI.
Melissa was amazing throughout the entire process. Always there to answer any questions. Couldn’t have done it without you guys. Can’t thank you enough. Best money I’ve ever spent.
- Michael F, Executive Producer, Inside Sportfishing (March 2021, Gold + Financials Bundle)
FilmProposals Tools and Templates