From the Heart Productions Roy W Dean Film Grants
(Los Angeles, CA)
Roy W. Dean
In the last decade, the Roy W. Dean Grants have grown into one the largest film grant competitions in the world. This year alone, we expect to have close to $100,000 in donations for our two Los Angeles grants, and $50,000 for our New York Grant. Not bad for a covert underground operation started by a gentle 76 year-old man who just wanted to help give passionate filmmakers an opportunity to be heard!
Over the last 17 years the grant has funded some wonderful films, The Flute Player, Miss Navaho, Kusama: The polka Dot Princess, BAM 6.6 and many more that are listed under grants as prior winners. We are very proud of our filmmakers and our goal is to continue to fund films and support documentary filmmakers.
Fiscal Sponsorship is important for the financing of your film. This is a way for artists to apply for funding through a Company that has a 501 (c ) (3) nonprofit status. Getting the right fiscal sponsor can help you manage your project efficiently and help you raise more money for your film.
The Roy W. Dean grant has been working with filmmakers since it's inception in 1992. During that time we have given grants for over $2,000,000.00 in goods and services. Each year we review hundreds of applications and we know what judges look for in grants. We can help you with advice on improving your proposal and help you outline your needs so that you can create the best trailer possible for your film.
Here are the advantages of working with From the Heart Productions:
1. We have been giving grants and working with filmmakers since 1992 and have an excellent standing in the community.
2. We know what grantors want and can advise you how to create your proposals and submit materials.
3. We are interested in helping you raise the funds you need to make your film and are available to review your documents before submission.
4. Our mission is to help fund films that are unique and make a contribution to society and this work fits our mission.
5. You can sell items on E Bay through From the Heart.
6. We will list your film on our Facebook page for fiscally sponsored films to give your more promotion. See www.facebook.com/fromtheheartgrants
7. We have 3 screenings a year of trailers and you can come free or for a small fee you can show your trailer and get advice from Bill Woolery, editor and donor to the grants.
Source: From the Heart Productions
Back to Film Grants
Back to Film Proposals and Financing Home
Do you have some great indie filmmaker tips to share with other aspiring or current filmmakers? Do you want to promote your latest film or service to a huge global network of filmmakers, producers, directors, potential investors and distributors? Here is a great opportunity to first pay it forward, and then promote your projects, products and services.
More Info: Filmmaker Tips - Write for FilmProposals